Hello everybody! Happy Friday you all. This weekend is special for us as it is our wedding anniversary tomorrow. Anyway, this post isn’t about that. I am going to share all about our trip to the beautiful Hawaiian island Maui.
THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT VACATIONING IN MAUI, HAWAII:
- Make sure to vist for atleast 5 days to enjoy Hawaiian culture, its beautiful sunsents, eating the delicious food & swimming in its warm waters.
- Renting a car in Maui is a must if you want to cut down the expenses. I wont recommend taxi on an island which is huge and has so many attractions.
- It can rain anytime in Maui. So be prepated for the rain. Pack suitable clothes.
BEST TIME TO VISIT MAUI:
- The best time to visit Maui is from October through April
- Its the season when you can enjoy watchiung magnificent humback whales, dolphins & turtles in the ocean
- As for weather, its pretty pleasant during these months and comparitively less rainy
THINGS TO DO IN MAUI:
- I highly recommmend to do an advance booking for whale watching tours. Do it first thing in the morning.
- Snorkeling tour at Molokini crater where if you are lucky you can spot turtles and enjoy the wonderful experience of swimming with them. We were lucky to spot many turtles. We booked our tours with PRIDE OF MAUI
- The highlight of our trip was the road trip to Road to Hana with magnificent ocean views on one side and lush green tropical mountains on the other. A maui trip is incomplete without experiencing this. I recommend going to take a back road to Hana while going and come back from the other side. Trust me thats a whole lot better experience in terms of enjoying nature and your whole trip. This will take your entire day so do not plan anything else.
- Hike to Pipiwai trail that goes through Lush dense Bamboo forest on the Road to Hana.
- Watch sunrise at Halekala national park.
- Visit to Ioa Valley state monument.
FOOD & STAY:
- We stayed at airbnb wihich had beautful ocean views. We could see the whales every morning from our room. I absolutely enjoyed our stay.
- Enjoy the local fresh tropical fruits that are easily available on the streets.
- Do not miss the most famous ULULANI’S hawaiian shave ice.
- We absolutely loved the authentic Mexican food at FRIDA’S BEACH HOUSE and enjoyed the lovely sunset views from the restaurant. The restaurant has a very lively beautiful decor inspired from the life of Frida Kohlo.
- If you are looking for a luxurious date night experience, I recommend visiting to oceanfront restaurant Ferraros at Four Seasons resort. The italian food is fingerlicking good. Advance booking is recommended
- Stop at Coconut Glens on your way to Road to Hana to enjoy their yummy icecream made from local fruits
- Do not miss maui’s famous Banana Bread & local drink Mai Tai to refresh your day.
BEST BEACHES IN MAUI:
- Kanaapali Beach
- Paia Beach: Enjoy the beautiful beach and the colorful paia marketplace with cozy restaurants and shops
- Hamoa beach
- Wa’anapanapa Black sand Beach
I hope you enjoyed reading this blog. Do comment below if you need any information regarding traveling to Maui, HAWAII. Have a great weekend ahead. XOXO 🙂
Leave a Reply